Tissue Regeneration Therapy PRP is an aesthetic treatment that uses the healing potential of the patient’s own blood to bio- stimulate skin cells. PRP uses the richness of growth factors in the patient’s own plasma to stimulate regeneration and revitalization to damaged tissue and skin.
By this process you will see:
- Revitalizes and regenerates dermis
- Improved skin colour, elasticity, tone and thickness
- Remodelling and induction of new collagen production
- Long- term smoothing of wrinkles and folds
- Faster healing and recovery following Aesthetic Treatments (laser, chemical peels, surgery)
How does it work?
Blood is taken from the patient and spun down to produce what we call Platelet Rich Plasma which is the re-injected into the dermis (deep layers of the skin) of the chosen area, to encourage and stimulate collagen tightening.
How many will I need?
We recommend a course of treatments over a few months. PRP also works extremely well in conjunction with Thermage, resurfacing lasers and most of our surgical procedures with Dr Hollenbach.
Involved downtime: Downtime is variable and depends on the amount of bruising after the injection of PRP. It can be minimal or persist up to a week until the bruising subsides.